When someone or something steals victory or otherwise robs you of your full potential in something.
1) You and another person are the only candidates for a single job opening. You're the more qualified candidate but the other person gets it because they know someone at the company.
2) Playing a racing game and you're about to make record lap time
or course time only to get a lousy item which slows
you down enough as to prevent setting said record.
3) Having grades just good
enough to get into an excellent college. Then when writing an exam, you've done well only for the person grading it to give you a lousy mark (as in far below what you deserved for it) on an essay question. Said low mark lowers your GPA just enough as to disqualify
you for the college you wanted.
4) Playing the lottery and missing the jackpot
by a single digit.
1) That guy only got the job because his mother is the manager. I was robbed.
2) Dammit, I was about to score record time in this course and then I end up getting an item that slows
me down! I was robbed!
3) I would have been able to get into an Ivy League college if it wasen't for the guy that graded my exam giving me such a lousy grade on the essay question in the final exam
. I was robbed.
4) The numbers for jackpot
were 2, 7, 16, 35 and 48. I had 2, 7, 16, 35 and 47! I was robbed!